City playground equipment is still closed due to COVID-19.
Monroe City has numerous city parks with modern playground equipment, covered picnic pavilions and basketball goals. Pavilions are available on a first come first serve basis.
St. Jude’s Square has Monroe City’s most famous landmark which is St. Jude’s Church. This is a city-owned building that is listed on the National Registrar of Historic Places. Built in 1867, it is one of the finest examples of early medieval architectures in the Midwest. The church is of native Missouri limestone and features magnificent cathedral style stained glass windows and wooden arched ceiling. A major restoration of the church has returned it to its natural beauty and strength. The building and the nearby gazebo are available for rent for weddings and special occasions by calling the City Hall at 573-735-4585.
- North Park – Bounded by North Locust Street, North Chestnut Street, Court
Street & Charles Street
- South Park – Bounded by Park Street, East Cleveland Street, South Davis
Street & South Washington Street
- Gordon Hill Park – Northwest corner of Lawn Street and County Line Road
- Kendrick Park – In Kendrick’s Trailer Court east of the intersection of Easy
Street and Widow Lane
- Dalpha Thompson Park – Wedge area bounded by East Dover Street, East Cleveland
Street & South Oak Street
- St. Jude’s Square – 301 North Main Street
- Winter Street Park – West of the intersection of Winter Street and Cemetery Road
- Oelschalger Park – Bounded by Park Place, North Chestnut Street, Catherine Street
& Court Street
- Founder’s Park – Bounded by Catherine Street, Charles Street, North Locust &
paved alley west of Methodist Church
- Capelle Street Park – Northwest corner of South Capelle Street and East Summer
- Talitha’s Point – Wedge area On Highway 24 & 36 East between North
Washington Street and Prairie Street